On Friday March 21, 2014 we will be closed for the day to celebrate the holiday of Naw Ruz. Our usual Friday Night Magic booster draft will be canceled but will be back to the usual time the following week.
We appreciate your understanding and apologize for the inconvenience. Regular business hours will resume on Saturday March 22, 2014.
We will be hosting a MTG Legacy Win a Mox tournament on Saturday March 22, 2014. Registration will begin when we open at 10:00am and the tournament will begin at noon. There is a 16 player minimum to fire.
Entry fee: $30.00
Format: Legacy with a cut to top 8.
Prizes: First prize will be a Mox Emerald (MP-/HP+). Additional prizes will be in store credit which can be used to purchase anything in the store inclusive of sealed MTG products and singles (a variety of duals, fetches and other staples are available, typically well below SCG.) Prizes scale with number of participants and are even in, even out. If participation is sufficient first place will be incrementally upgraded.
We will be hosting an X-Wing Store Championship on Saturday March 15, 2014. Registration will begin at 10:00 am when the store open, playing begins at noon.
Entry fee $5.00.
- Each player must build one squad for use in an X-Wing tournament. The squad-building rules described in Tournament Rules v1.4 supersede the squad-building rules described in the X-Wing rulebook.
- The maximum squad points for each player is 100 points. A squad cannot exceed 100 points, though it may contain fewer than 100 points.
- Each player may choose to field either a Rebel or Imperial squad, as tournament seeding ignores the player’s faction.
- Each player must submit his squad composition, including all associated Upgrade cards and total squad points, to the TO before the start of the tournament. Players must use the same squad for the duration of the tournament, including all Ship and Upgrade cards.
- Each player must bring an X-Wing core set and any additional components he needs for his squad. This includes but is not limited to dice, a range ruler, maneuver templates, asteroid tokens and a complete Damage deck. A player cannot bring more than one copy of each asteroid token. The TO is not expected to supply any game components to players.
- Champion: Store Championship plaque; card box for ship cards, upgrade cards, and tokens; first place certificate worth a first-round bye at one Regional Championship
- Runner-Up: Card box
- Top 4*: Four acrylic range rulers
- Participation: Thirty-two Ten Numb ship cards featuring movie still art.
On Saturday March 8, 2014 we will be hosting a Modern Masters draft. Start time is noon, please arrive early to allow time for registration. Entry fee is $40.00 of which $7.00 will be added to the prize pool.